In this guide, you will find step-by-step instructions on how to replace the ABS wheel speed sensor on a Tesla.
In this guide, we go over the steps on how to replace the trunk lid strut supports in a Tesla Model 3. Replacing the trunk supports on a Tesla is very easy and takes less than 15 minutes.
What you will need
How to replace the trunk supports on a Tesla.
- Park vehicle on level ground.
- Open the trunk lid.
- Locate the two trunk lid supports at each end of the trunk lid.
- Have a helper keep the hood secured in the up position.
- Use a flathead screwdriver to pry the C clip from the ball and joint connection.
- Repeat the same procedure for the ball and joint connection at the other end of the strut.
- Install the new Tesla trunk lid strut in reverse order.
- Repeat procedure for the other trunk lid supports.
You may need to replace the trunk lid strut supports if the trunk does not up in the open position. You may also need to replace the trunk supports to install aftermarket struts that allow the trunk to open up automatically.