If your BMW is equipped with a Start/Stop button, you may wonder how you turn on the dashboard lights, radio, and cigarette outlet without starting
How to Change Windshield Wiper Switch on a BMW
In this guide, you will find step-by-step instructions on how to replace the windshield wiper switch on a BMW vehicle.
What you will need
- Disconnect the battery negative terminal.
- Remove the airbag from the driver's steering wheel.
- Remove the steering wheel.
- Pull up the steering column trim.
- Remove the wiper switch from the steering column switch unit. There are two T20 Torx bolts that hold the wiper switch in place. Once the bolts are removed, you can pull out the wiper switch and unplug it.
- Install a new BMW wiper switch in reverse order.
- Torque the steering wheel bolt to specification.
- Reinstall the driver's airbag.
- Reconnect the negative battery terminal and check the operation of the windshield wiper switch.
Note that if you moved or rotated the clock spring, you may need to calibrate the steering angle sensor. Follow this guide to learn more about the BMW steering angle sensor and calibration procedure.
If the wipers on your BMW have stopped working, first, you need to check the fuse and the wiper motor.
If your BMW wipers still don't work, there is a good chance that the wiper switch itself is the culprit.
Published on: Wednesday, January 3, 2018.