In this guide, you will find instructions on how to charge the A/C system on Audi vehicles. If your A/C is blowing hot air, there is a chance that the system is low on freon and the system needs to be refilled.
What you will need
- A/C Recharge Kit
- Work Gloves
- Park your Audi in a safe area. Turn off the engine.
Pull the hood release located under the dashboard on the driver's side. Open hood.
- Locate the low-pressure port. This picture shows the A/C charging port on an Audi A4. Note that there also is a high-pressure line. Don't use that line. The A/C charging kit connector will not fit on the port for the high-pressure line. The A/C kit only fits on the low-pressure port.
- Remove the cap from the low-pressure port of your Audi.
- Connect your A/C hose to the charging port. Get ready to add freon to your Audi A/C system.
- Start the engine and let it idle.
- Turn A/C on. Before you can start adding refrigerant you need to turn A/C on and set it to the max cold setting. Once you start the engine you are ready to add refrigerant to your Audi air conditioner system.
- Follow the instructions as directed on your particular A/C recharge kit. As you charge the system, stop pressing the trigger every few minutes to obtain a pressure reading. Continue adding refrigerant until your gauge reaches in the charged range. Do not allow the system to overcharge.
These instructions on how to recharge Audi A/C system work on A1 A3 A4 A5 A6 A7 Q3 Q5 Q7 TT.