In this guide, you will learn about the Lexus check engine light, symptoms, common problems, and how to read the codes via the OBD-II port.
How to Charge Lexus Dead Car Battery
In this guide, you will find step-by-step instructions on how to charge a Lexus battery
Risk of fire. Do not leave the vehicle unattended.
What you will need
- Park vehicle in a secure area.
- Turn off the ignition. Remove the key from the ignition.
- Pull the hood release under the dashboard and open the hood.
- Locate the battery in the engine bay on the driver's side. The battery may be covered with a plastic cover. Remove it if necessary to access the battery.
- Connect the red clamp from your charger to the positive (+) battery terminal.
- Connect the black clamp from your charger to the frame, ground point, engine bolt. Do not connect the black clamp directly to the negative battery post.
- Plugin your car trickle charger to a wall outlet.
- Set the charge rate between 1 and 15 Amperes. The lower the ampere rate, the longer it will take to charge the battery.
- Allow your Lexus car battery to charge for a few hours. Do not close the hood, or you may short the wires for the charger.
Do not leave your Lexus unattended while the battery is charging. Monitor the battery temperature. Disconnect the charger if the battery starts to overheat.
Published on: Wednesday, February 26, 2020.