In this guide, you will find instructions on how to check the power steering fluid on your Audi vehicles.
hat you will need
- Audi Power Steering Fluid
- Only use recommend power steering fluid listed in your owner's manual.
Open hood. Locate the hood release underneath the dash. Pull the lever until you hear the hood pop open. Next, you need to release the hood safety latch at the front of the hood.
- Lift up the hood and secure it open.
Locate power steering reservoir.
- Remove power steering cap by turing it counterclockwise.
- If you look carefully on the side of the power steering fluid or the cap dipstick you will notice a Low and Max level for the power steering fluid. If your Audi power steering reservoir is not translucent, remove the cap to check the power steering fluid level.
Add power steering fluid to bring the level between the Min and Max marks. Do not overfill.
This guide applies to Audi A3, S3, RS3, A4, S4, A5, S5, A6, S6, A7, S7, RS7, A8, S8, Q3, Q5, SQ5, Q7, TT, R8 except for models that have electrical power steering.
Don't continue to drive your Audi with no power steering fluid in it or you will burn the power steering pump.
Here are some things you may notice if your Audi power steering fluid level is low.
- Groaning noise when turning Audi steering wheel,
- The steering wheel is difficult to turn,
- Whining noise when turning the steering wheel,
- Steering wheel slow to respond,
- Squeaking noise at startup