In this guide, you will find step-by-step instructions on how to check transmission fluid level on Mitsubishi vehicles such as Lancer, Outlander, M
Check or Add Brake Fluid Mitsubishi Vehicles
In this guide, you will find instructions on checking the brake fluid level on any Mitsubishi vehicle.
What you will need
* Most Mitsubishi vehicles require DOT 4 brake fluid.
- Park the vehicle, turn off the ignition and set the parking brakes.
- Pull the hood release under the dashboard and open the hood.
- Locate the brake master cylinder reservoir in the engine bay. The brake reservoir is mounted near the firewall directly in front of the driver.
- Look at the reservoir from the outside to determine the current level. The brake fluid level should be between the MIN and MAX marks.
- If the level is below the MIN mark, remove the cap.
- Add brake fluid to bring the level between the MIN and MAX marks.
These instructions apply to all Mitsubishi vehicles, including Galant, Eclipse, Outlander, Montero.
Mitsubishi Brake Fluid Type
Most Mitsubishi vehicles such as Lancer and Outlander require DOT 4 brake fluid. The brake fluid does not have to come from Mitsubishi. Any DOT 4 store-bought brake fluid will work.
If you are not sure what brake fluid your Mitsubishi uses, look at the cap of the brake fluid reservoir. It will say if your Mitsubishi requires DOT 3 or DOT 4 brake fluid.