In this guide, you will find instructions on how to add windshield washer fluid on a Nissan vehicle.
How to Check and Add Coolant on a Nissan
In this guide, you will find instructions on how to check the engine coolant level and add antifreeze on Nissan vehicles.
If your Nissan is overheating, the temperature gauge has moved to hot. Pull over as soon as it is safe to do so, and follow the instructions below to check the coolant level.
What you will need
- NISSAN Antifreeze Coolant
- Nissan's engine cooling system is filled at the factory with a pre-diluted mixture of 50% Genuine Antifreeze (blue) and 50% water.
- Most Nissan vehicles use blue coolant.
- Park your Nissan in a safe location and allow the engine to cool down.
- Locate the hood release underneath the dashboard on the driver's side. Pull the lever until you hear the Nissan hood pop open. Next, you need to release the hood safety latch at the front of your Nissan.
- Locate the coolant overflow reservoir tank.
- Look at the side of the coolant reservoir tank and take note of the low and high levels.
- If the level is below the minimum mark, you will need to add coolant. Remove the coolant reservoir cap and add engine coolant.
- Add engine coolant/antifreeze. Only add the recommended Nissan coolant.
Do not continue to operate your Nissan Quest if the engine is overheating or the high engine temperature light comes on in your Nissan.
Can I add coolant directly to the radiator?
It is possible to add engine coolant to the radiator when the engine is completely cool. You need to be extremely careful when opening the radiator cap. The coolant must have cooled down, or you will risk being burnt.
Published on: Wednesday, November 15, 2017.