In this guide, you will find instructions on how to charge a dead BMW battery.
How to Check, Add Power Steering Fluid BMW 3-Series 2004-2013
In this guide, you will learn how to check the power steering fluid on your BMW 3-Series E90/E91/E92/E93.
Do not drive a BMW with no power steering fluid in it. You can burn the power steering pump.
- BMW groaning noise when turning the steering wheel,
- The steering wheel is difficult to turn,
- Whining noise when turning the steering wheel,
- BMW 3-Series steering wheel slow to respond,
- Stiff BMW steering wheel,
- BMW 3-Series squealing noise at startup
What you will need
- BMW Power Steering Fluid
- Locate the hood release underneath the dash. Pull the lever until you hear the hood pop open. Next, you need to release the hood safety latch at the front of the hood.
- Lift the hood and secure it.
- Locate the power steering reservoir Next, you need to locate the power steering pump on your BMW 3-Series In this case, the power steering pump is located on the driver side of the engine bay.
- Remove power steering cap Once you locate the power steering reservoir on your BMW 3-Series, remove the cap. Inspect the current condition of the power steering pump.
- Add power steering fluid.
Checking the power steering fluid on a 2004-2013 BMW 3-Series is easy and takes only a few minutes. Do not drive your BMW 3-Series for an extended period of time with a low power steering fluid level.
This guide applies to BMW 316i, 318i, 320i, 323i, 325i, 325xi, 328i, 328xi, 330i, 330xi, 335i, 335is, 335xi, 320d, 320xd, 325d, 330d, 330xd, 335d, M3, and M3 GTS from 2004 to 2013