In this guide, you will learn how to check the power steering fluid on a Chrysler Crossfire.
What you will need
*Chrysler Crossfire is built by Mercedes-Benz and is based on the R170 SLK320 model.
- Locate the hood release underneath the dash.
- Pull the lever until you hear the hood pop open. Next, you need to release the hood safety latch at the front of the hood.
- Next, you need to locate the power steering pump. In this case, the power steering pump is located on the driver side of the engine bay.
- Once you locate the power steering reservoir on your Chrysler Crossfire, remove the cap. Inspect current condition of the power steering fluid.
- If you look carefully on the side of the power steering fluid or the cap dipstick you will notice a Low and Max level for the power steering fluid.>
- Determine if the current power steering level is below the minimum level.
- If the power steering fluid is low, add the recommended fluid type.
- Start your Chrysler and turn the steering wheel from lock to lock several times. Do this three or four times.
Driving with low power steering fluid starts as a loud whine when you turn the steering wheel and eventually end with steering fluid pump failure.
This guide applies to Chrysler Crossfire produces during these years: 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008.