In this guide, you will find instructions on how to replace the car battery on Chrysler Crossfire.
How to Check Add Power Steering Fluid Chrysler Crossfire
In this guide, you will learn how to check the power steering fluid on a Chrysler Crossfire.
What you will need
The Chrysler Crossfire is built by Mercedes-Benz and is based on the R170 SLK320 model.
- Locate the hood release underneath the dash.
- Pull the lever until you hear the hood pop open. Next, you need to release the hood safety latch at the front of the hood.
- Next, you need to locate the power steering pump. In this case, the power steering pump is located on the driver side of the engine bay.
- Once you locate the power steering reservoir on your Chrysler Crossfire, remove the cap. Inspect the current condition of the power steering fluid.
- If you look carefully on the side of the power steering fluid or the cap dipstick you will notice a Low and Max level for the power steering fluid.>
- Determine if the current power steering level is below the minimum level.
- If the power steering fluid is low, add the recommended fluid type.
- Start your Chrysler and turn the steering wheel from lock to lock several times. Do this three or four times.
Driving with low power steering fluid starts as a loud whine when you turn the steering wheel and eventually end with steering fluid pump failure.
This guide applies to Chrysler Crossfire produces during these years: 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, and 2008.