In this guide, you will find instructions on how to change sway bar (stabilizer bar) links on Cadillac vehicles.
How to Check Brake Fluid Level Cadillac
In this guide, you will find instructions on how to check brake fluid level on Cadillac vehicles.
What you will need
- Cadillac Brake Fluid
- (Dot 3 or 4)
- Required type printed on top of the cap
- Pull the hood release under the dashboard of your Cadillac. Open the hood and secure it in the open position.
Locate the brake fluid reservoir on the driver's side of the engine. Clean the brake fluid reservoir with a clean cloth before removing the cap.
- Determine the current brake fluid level by looking at the side of the reservoir. The reservoir is transculent and allows you to see current brake fluid level.
- If the brake fluid level is below the minimum level, continue to the next step.
- Add Brake Fluid. Look at the cap of the brake fluid reservoir to determine the correct brake fluid type. Add brake fluid until the level reaches just below the MAX/Full mark. Do not fill the Cadillac brake reservoir above the maximum mark.
Only use brake fluid noted on the cap of your Cadillac brake fluid reservoir or owners manual.
These instructions apply to 1995-2020 Cadillac models such as ATS, CTS, XTS, CT6, XT5, Escalade, SRX, DTS, STS, BLS, XLR.
Common symptoms that you need brake fluid include the brake warning light staying on even when you to start to drive your Cadillac.
- Low Brake Fluid Warning
- Brake Light On
- The brake pedal is soft.
- The brake pedal can be pressed all the way
Don't drive with the brake light on.