In this guide, you will find instructions on how to change windshield wiper blades on Cadillac vehicles.
How to Check Engine Coolant Level on Cadillac
In this guide, you will find instructions on how to check engine coolant on Cadillac. You will also find instruction on how to add coolant if the level is low.
- The engine is overheating
- The temperature needle goes in the HIGH range after a few minutes of driving
- Check Coolant Warning Message
- Low Engine Coolant Message
- Check coolant level light comes on
What you will need
- Park your Cadillac on level ground.
- Allow the engine to cool down. Do not check the engine coolant level on your Cadillac if the engine is still warm. There is a high risk of getting burned!
- Pull the lever until you hear the Cadillac hood pop open.
Locate the Coolant Reservoir. The engine coolant expansion reservoir is where you need to add coolant.
- Look at the side of the coolant reservoir tank and note the low and high-level marks on the side. If the level is below the minimum mark you will need to add coolant or your vehicle may overheat.
- Very slowly remove the cap by turning it counter-clockwise. Perform this step only after the engine has cooled down.
- Add engine coolant/antifreeze. Only add coolant type recommended by Cadillac. It is recommended that the system be flushed and filled with the recommended Cadillac coolant when possible.
If you add coolant or the level is already full but you are still getting the warning light there is a good chance the coolant level sensor mounted on the expansion tank is defective.
Do not continue to drive or keep the engine running if the coolant light says on and the engine starts to overheat.