Learn how to change front brake pads and rotors on Nissan Quest 2011-2017.
Check Engine Oil Level, Add Oil Nissan Quest 2011-2017
In this guide, you will learn how to check the engine oil level on Nissan Quest 2011-2017. If the oil level is below the MIN mark, add oil immediately.
Checking the engine oil level on Nissan Quest is easy and takes about five minutes.
Applicable to years: 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017.
What you will need
- Engine Oil Type
- Full Synthetic 0W-20 Oil
- Total Capacity: 4.5 QT/4.3L
- Park your Nissan Quest on a level surface and apply the parking brakes.
- Turn off the engine and wait at least five minutes before you proceed to check the engine oil level on your Nissan Quest. This will allow the engine oil to return to the oil pan of your Quest.
- Open the hood of your Nissan Quest by pulling the hood release under the dash.
- Locate the oil dipstick on your Quest. In the following picture, the oil dipstick has the yellow handle.
- Remove the dipstick by pulling it up. Wipe the oil off the dipstick. Note the minimum and maximum marks.
- Fully insert the dipstick into the engine and remove it again.
- Pull the dipstick out and check the engine oil level. The level needs to be between the min and max mark. If the engine oil level is below the min mark, you need to add engine oil to your Quest.
- Locate the oil filler cap. This is where you can add oil to your Nissan Quest.
- Add only half a quart at the time and check the level again. If the oil level is still under the MIN mark, add more oil to bring the level just below the MAX mark.
- Add 0.5-1 qt of oil at a time and recheck the oil level. Don't allow the oil to go over the MAX/FULL mark.
We hope that you found these instructions on how to check Nissan Quest engine oil level helpful.