How to check Oil Level / Add Oil Jaguar XF
In this guide, you will learn how to check the engine oil level on a Jaguar XF model years 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020. If your Jaguar engine oil level is below the MIN mark, add engine oil immediately.
Do NOT drive or keep the engine running if your Jaguar oil pressure light is on. Add the recommended Jaguar engine oil ( SAE 0W-20 Engine Oil ) immediately. Only continue driving if the oil light is off.
How to check Jaguar XF engine oil level
- Turn on the ignition but do not start the engine. Make sure the parking brake is applied and car is on level ground.
- Select OIL Level from the vehicle information screen.
- The oil level will be displayed on the dashboard. You will see one of the following messages.
|Message||What it means?|
|OK||Oil level normal.|
|Overfilled||Too much oil has been added. Reduce oil level.|
|Low||Add 1 liter of engine oil, then recheck the level.|
|Critically Low||Add engine oil level immediately.|
|Add 1 L||Add the recommended oil capacity.|
|Not Available||Turn off engine, wait 10 minutes. Recheck after the wait period.|
|ENGINE OIL LEVEL MONITOR SYSTEM FAULT||Have the engine checked by a mechanic. Do not ignore this message.|
How to add engine oil Jaguar XF
- Park your Jaguar XF on level ground. Turn off the engine and set the parking brake.
- Open the hood.
- Locate engine oil cap.
- Remove the oil cap by turning it counterclockwise.
- Add 1 quart or 1 litter and wait 5 minutes.
- Recheck the engine oil level using the instructions above. Add engine oil to bring the oil level to the recommended range.
Do not allow the level to go above the MAX mark.
Jaguar XF Recommended Oil Type
The recommended oil type is printed on top of the oil cap. Most Jaguar vehicles use SAE 0W-20 engine oil.
Updated 1 week 1 day ago