Chrysler Key Fob Battery Replacement
Last Updated on Friday May 18, 2018
In this page, you will find instructions and videos on how to change Chrysler key fob battery. Select your Chrysler remote below to navigate to the instructions. To find the battery size used on any of these Chrysler remotes look in the description below the corresponding key.
SELECT YOUR KEY FOB
1. Chrysler Key Fob Battery Replacement
Watch the following video on how to change the battery on one of the most common Chrysler key fob remotes. This remote is used in many models including Chrysler 200, 300, Sebring, Pacifica, Town and Country vans.
This Chrysler remote requires one CR2032 battery. Available from battery manufacturers such as Panasonic, Sony, GE, Duracell, Energizer, Maxell, and Philips.
- Small flathead screwdriver
Instructions on how to change Chrysler Key fob Battery
Step 1. Look at the back of your Chrysler keyfob. Does it have an access door? If it doesn't you will need to release the metal key. There is a small tab that you need to press down and the metal emergency key will slide out. Otherwise, use a flathead screwdriver to remove the back cover.
Step 2. Use a flathead screwdriver to remove the back cover on your Chrysler keyless remote. Once the back cover is removed you will see the battery underneath.
Step 3. Slide out the old battery. If you are having a hard time removing the battery, use needle nose pliers to remove the battery.Slide new battery in. Check orientation of battery ensuring that you are not placing it backward.The positive (+) side of the battery should be up, facing the back cover.
Step 4. Snap the battery cover back in place. Push the metal key into the slot until it clicks securely in place.
Step 5. Get outside the car and press Unlock / Lock buttons. If the battery installation was performed saucerful the doors should lock/unlock.
2. Chrysler Crossfire Remote Battery Replacement
The following video demonstrates how to change the battery on Chrysler Crossfire key.
This keyfob uses two CR2025 battery types.
- Open the metal blade by pressing the release button on the key fob.
- Place your thumb in the gap created by the flipped metal key.
- Press the back cover away from the remote.
- Remove the back cover.
- Remove the first battery.
- The second battery in now exposed. Remove the second battery as well.
- Installt two new batteries. Make sure the positive (+) is facing you.
- Press the back cover unto the remote.
3. Chrysler Keyless Entry Remote Battery Replacement
Watch a video on how to change the battery on this particular Chrysler keyless entry remote. This remote is used on most Chrysler Sebring and Town & Country models.
This Chrysler key fob uses ONE 3 Volt CR2032 battery.
- Use a flat to insert on the small gap on the side of the key fob.
- Twist the screwdriver to separate the key for the back cover.
- Flip over the back cover. On the back cover, you will notice the key fob battery.
- Use a small screwdriver to pop out the battery from the back cover.
- Install the new battery with the positive (+) side facing the back cover.
- Place the back cover on the key and press it until it clicks.
4. Chrysler Keyless Entry Remove Battery Replacement
Watch a video on how to change the battery on Chrysler three-button remote. This remote was used on many models including Chrysler Concorde, LHS, New Yorker, Town & Country.
This Chrysler key fob uses two 3 Volt CR2016 batteries.
- Use a flat screwdriver and insert it at the end of the keyfob.
- Twist the screwdriver slightly to separate the keyless entry remote.
- Remove the two batteries from the back cover.
- Install two new batteries. Make sure the positive side of the battery is facing the back cover.
- Press the two halves of the key fob together until you hear it click.
5. Chrysler Key Fob Battery Replacement
The following key fob is used on Chrysler vehicles such as Chrysler PT Cruiser, 300M, Sebring, Concorde, LHS from 1999-2005. This key fob uses two 3V CR2016 batteries.
Battery Size: 3V CR2016 Batteries
- Locate the small gap on the side of the key fob.
- Use a flat head screwdriver to pry out the key fob by twisting it at the gap.
- Remove the back cover of the key fob.
- Remove two CR2016 batteries from the back cover.
- Install two new batteries. Make sure the positive side (+) of the battery is facing you.
- Press the two parts of the keyfob together until your Chrysler key fob seals completely.
- Test the keyfob on your Chrysler to make sure it locks/unlocks the doors.
FAQ Chrysler Key Battery Replacement
What Chrysler model do these instructions apply to?
- These instructions on how to change Chrysler key fob remote battery apply to model years: 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017. Other models that these instructions apply to are: Chrysler Grand Voyager, Lancia Grand Voyager, Ram C/V Tradesman Cargo Van and the Volkswagen Routan.
I changed the battery on my Chrysler key fob but it doesn't work.
- Check the button cell battery. Make sure it is not installed backward. The negative side of the button cell battery should face the circuit board of the keyfob.
If the remote does not work after changing the battery, check the following.
- Use the key to lock/unlock the vehicle. Start the vehicle with the same key. If your car has Start/Stop button, press the keyfob on the button to start it.
- If the remote does not lock/unlock the doors open the key fob and make sure the Positive (+) is installed on the correct side.
- Remove other objects from the vicinity that may be interfering with the range of your key.
- If your remote is still not working it may require programming by your dealer or locksmith.
- When replacing a key fob battery, do not touch the circuit board with bare hands. Static from your body could damage the remote.
Posted by Al on Sep 9, 2017 @ 14:02 pm