In this guide, you will find step by step instructions on how to disconnect the Dodge Journey battery.
The battery on a Dodge Journey is located behind the front bumper on the driver's side. You don't need to remove the front bumper. You will have to remove the front wheel on the driver's side to disconnect the battery.
What you will need
- Park the vehicle on level ground and set the parking brakes.
- Break loose the lug nuts for the front wheel on the driver's side. Don't remove the tire yet.
- Jack up the vehicle at the front, driver's side.
- Remove the wheel.
- Remove the front part of the wheel liner. It is held in place with four plastic retainers. Use the flathead screwdriver to remove the plastic retainers.
- Locate the negative battery terminal on top of the battery. The negative terminal has the negative (-) symbol next to the battery post.