In this guide, you will find step-by-step instructions on how to change the battery on a Dodge Journey.
The battery on a Dodge Journey is located behind the front bumper, on the driver's side. You do not need to remove the bumper to change the battery on a Dodge Journey.
What you will need
- Dodge Journey Group Size 26 Battery
- 525 CCA Min
- Lug Nut Wrench
- Flathead Screwdriver
- Car Jack
- Jack Stand
- Park your Dodge Journey on level ground and set the parking brakes.
- Break loose the lug nuts for the front left tire.
- Jack up the front left corner of the vehicle and secure it with jack stands.
- Remove the forward wheel well liner.This will expose the battery behind the front bumper.
- Disconnect the negative battery terminal using a 10mm wrench.
- Disconnect the positive battery terminal using a 10mm wrench.
- Use the 10mm wrench to remove the bracket on top of the battery.
- Use both hands to remove the battery from the battery holder. Note the battery is heavy.
- Install the new battery in reverse order.
- Connect the negative battery terminal last.
The battery on a Dodge Journey is located behind the front bumper and not in the engine bay.
Dodge Journey vehicles typically use a Group Size 26 battery with minimum cold-cranking amps of 525.