Engine Air Filter Replacement Kia Optima 2011-2016
Last Updated on Friday May 18, 2018
Instructions on how to change engine air filter on your Kia Optima. Changing the intake air filter can be completed in just a few minutes. Kia Optima needs the air filter replaced every 30,000 miles.
Make sure you have the new filter ready before you start this job. The following filters will fit 2011-2016 Kia Optima. You will only need one engine filter for your Kia Optima.
How to Change Engine Air Filter Replacement Kia Optima 2011-2016
- Open Hood
- Open the hood and locate the air filter housing. The air filter housing is a large plastic box located on the left/right side of the engine. You will also see a large hose going from the air filter housing to the engine.
- Access engine air filter
- Open the air filter box by pulling out the cover. Unclasp the large clips that keep the filter locked.
- Install new engine air filter
- Pull out the old air filter. After you pull out the old air cleaner filter the next step is to install the new air filter. Push the new air filter into the air filter housing. Lock the two tabs by pushing them upwards.
- Finish installation
- Insert the new air filter in the box. Make sure it sits properly otherwise you may not be able to close the air filter housing correctly.
Why should I change the air filter regularly?
- Improved fuel economy. If the engine air filter gets clogged or dirty it will restrict the air flowing into the engine. That means that the air-to-fuel ratio is not within manufacturer's specifications, therefore the engine will burn more fuel than required.
- Longer engine life. By changing the engine oil filter regularly you will be ensuring that the life of your car is not shortened. Serious damage can be caused by dirt if it gets allowed into the engine combustion chamber. It is a wiser decision to spend a few dollars on a new air filter than spend thousands on potential problems on top of spending more at the fuel pump.
- The function of the air filter is to collect dirt, pollen, debris and dust.