In this guide, you will find instructions on how to change the battery on an Audi.
How to Fix Audi Trunk Liftgate That Won't Stay Up
In this guide, you will step-by-step instructions on how to replace the Audi trunk supports.
If your Audi trunk lid doesn't stay open or closes automatically the problem may be the supports. They are gas-filled struts that can wear out over time.
- Audi Trunk won't stay up
- The trunk lid will not stay open
- Liftgate stays open for a few seconds then shuts
- Trunk won't stay open by itself anymore
- Trunk closes automatically
What you will need
- Park your Audi on a level surface and set the parking brakes.
- Turn off the ignition and open the trunk.
- Secure the trug lid or liftgate in the upright position. Have a friend help by keeping the trunk open. Locate the trunk struts that need to be replaced. It is recommended to change both trunk supports if your car has two of them.
- Locate the clip that locks the hood support locks to the joint.
- Use a flat screwdriver to pry out the clip that locks the trunk strut in place. Install the new strut in reverse order. Never point the screwdriver towards yourself or your body. The screwdriver may slide and injure you.
- Follow the same procedure for the other end. Install the new hood support in reverse order. Repeat this procedure for the other trunk support.
It is easy to change the Audi trunk struts yourself.
In this guide, you will find instructions on how to change Audi trunk gas struts/support. Applicable to Audi vehicles such as A1 A3 A4 A5 A6 A7 Q3 Q5 Q7 TT.