In this article, you will find step-by-step instructions (including videos and pictures) to help you replace passenger side engine mount o
Ford Key Fob Remote Battery Replacement Guide
This article provides instructions on how to change the battery on Ford's key fob remotes.
Scroll down until you see the video on your particular Ford key fob. Battery size and step-by-step instructions can be found below each video.
To change the battery in this Ford key, you will need two CR2025 batteries and a flathead screwdriver. This key fob is used in models such as Ford Fusion, Mustang, F-150 from 2013 to 2018.
- Turn the remote over, and on the rear of the remote, press the release button.
- Remove the plastic cover from the remote. Place the back cover to the side. You will not see the batteries yet.
- Insert a flat screwdriver into the slot and twist it to open up the remote. You should be able to pry the two parts of the keyfob.
- Now you should be able to see the two coin cell batteries.
- Remove the first battery. Underneath it, you will see a white piece of paper. Remove the paper and pull out the bottom battery as well.
- Change both batteries. Use a flat screwdriver for popping out the batteries.
- Slide-in two new CR2025 batteries. Make sure that the negative (-) side is facing you.
- Install the emergency metal key back in place.
- Align the two parts with each other and press them together. The two halves should snap together, as shown in the video above.
- Test the Ford key fob remote by standing outside the car and pressing the "Lock" or "Unlock" buttons.
For this Ford key fob, you will need one CR2032 battery. To learn how to change the battery in this Ford key fob, watch the video or follow the instructions below.
- Flip the key on the backside and note the release switch.
- Press the release switch and slide out the metal key with your fingernail.
- Use the metal key to pry away the back cover.
- Note the battery on the back cover. Use a flathead screwdriver to pry out the old battery.
- Install the new battery with the positive (+) symbol facing the back cover.
- Align the back cover on the key fob and press it on.
- Slide the metal key in the key fob and test the key fob operation.
To change the battery in this Ford key, you will need a CR2032 battery. Watch the video or follow the instructions below for more help.
- Use a flat head screwdriver to pry apart the cover with the Ford logo.
- Use the screwdriver to pry out the battery.
- Install a new CR2032 battery with the positive side facing you.
- Align the two halves of the key and press them together until they close.
These instructions apply to many models, such as Ford cars and trucks.
These instructions help owners of Ford and Lincoln vehicles such as the Focus, Fiesta, C-Max, Mustang, Escape, Transit Connect, Edge, Flex, Explorer, Expedition, Taurus, F-150, EcoSport, MKC, MKZ, MKS, MKX, MKT, and the Navigator.