If your Honda airbag light remains on, it most likely means that the Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) has dete
How To Get Honda Radio Code Free
If your Honda car battery died, you disconnected the battery or removed the radio fuse, the radio will ask for radio code when turned on.
In this guide, you will learn how to get Honda radio code for free, even if you have lost the code or don't remember it. These instructions work on most Honda vehicles, including Honda Accord, Civic, Oddysey, Ridgeline, Pilot, etc.
If your Honda is asking for a radio code, first look in your owner's manual. In some cases, the radio code will be written at the back or end of the owner's manual. Or it may be in a small card inserted inside the owner's manual.
If you can not find the radio code, don't worry, we will show you three other methods to get the radio code for a Honda.
How to Get Honda Radio Code
To retrieve a Honda radio code is a two-step process. First, you need to find the serial number for your radio. Next, you will use the serial number to get the radio code. See the instructions below on how to get Honda radio code for free.
There are two methods to retrieve the serial number from a Honda.
1. How to Find Honda Radio Serial Number
The easiest way to get the radio code on a Honda is to press buttons 1 & 6 at the same time then turn on the radio.
Here you can see the serial number on a Honda Ridgeline / Pilot radio. Your radio may look slightly different, but the same procedure will still work.
Here are the step-by-step instructions on how to get Honda radio code without having to remove the radio.
Radio Does Not Have Navigation
- Make sure the radio is turned off.
- Turn the ignition key to the ON position.
- Press the buttons 1 and 6 on the radio and keep pressed.
- As you keep the buttons, 1 and 6 pressed, turn on your radio.
- Your Honda serial number will appear on the display of the radio. Example: S/N 3000 7908
Radio Has Navigation
- Make sure the radio is off.
- Turn the ignition key to the ON position.
- Press and hold the SEEK/SKIP and CH/DISC bars.
- Next, press and release the PWR/VOL knob.
- The display should change to another screen.
- The ten-digit serial number will show on the screen.
If the instructions above don't work, the other option is to remove the radio from the vehicle.
The serial code for your radio will be printed on the back of the radio.
2. How to Get Honda Radio Code
Now that you have the radio serial number, you need to find the radio code. The serial number is not the radio. Do not try to enter the serial number on the radio or you may lock up the radio.
Here are three ways to get radio code for any Honda vehicle:
- Honda Dealer (Free) - You can get Honda radio code for free by contacting the dealership. Call any Honda dealer and ask them if they can help you with the code. If they ask you to bring the vehicle in, mention that you already have the serial number for the radio. If the first Honda dealer refuses to help you without taking the car in, call a couple of Honda dealerships until you find a helpful one.
- Online service on eBay ($2-$5) - The second method to get the radio code for a Honda is to use an online service on eBay. You will find many online sites, offer to give you the radio code for a small fee. Typically you can get a Honda radio code for under $5. Most third-party providers usually will send you the radio code to your email address within five minutes.
- Honda Online Service (Free) - This is the official Honda website, which also allows you to get a Honda radio code for free. You will need the serial number, which we showed you how to receive in step 1. In addition, you will need the 17 digit VIN, which you can find on the registration, driver's door jamb or left lower corner of the windshield (can be seen from outside the vehicle). Lastly, you will need to provide your contact info and zip code. Example zip codes include 21204, 21234, 84604.
Why does Honda radio say enter code?
Honda radios say enter code because one of the following happened:
- Radio was replaced
- Car battery died
- Battery was replaced
- Fuses were removed
When enter code displays on a Honda radio, it means the radio is on anti-theft mode. The code may be written down on the owner's manual. If not, visit a Honda dealer or use an online service to retrieve the code.
How many digits is the Honda radio code?
Most Honda radio codes are five digits long. No letters.
Published on: Tuesday, August 18, 2020.