Honda Steering Wheel Removal Replacement
This step by step guide provides instructions on how to remove and install a Honda steering wheel. While the steering wheel shown in this guide is from a 9th generation Honda Civic, these instructions apply to other models including Honda Accord, Fit, CRV and Pilot.
What you will need
- Disconnect the battery. Wait 15 min before you start removing the airbag.
- Remove two Torx bolts on the side of the steering wheel.
- Remove access panel at the bottom of the steering wheel. This will allow you to disconnect airbag and horn wires.
- Remove airbag from the steering wheel.
- Remove the 14mm bolt in the center of the steering wheel using a breaker bar.
- Mark the steering column so that you will be able to align the steering wheel properly.
- Unplug the steering wheel wire harnes.
- Pull the steering wheel from the steering columns.
- Install the new steering wheel in reverse order. Reconnect the battery.
Where to buy Honda steering wheel?
You can buy new or used Honda steering wheel online.
Some steering wheel comes with a heating element which can be used in colder months. Note that the clock spring and a switch may need to be installed since your Honda most likely is not prewired.