In this guide, you will find instructions on how to change Front Side Marker Bulb on Hyundai Elantra 2011 through 2016.
Hyundai Elantra Rear Brake Pads Replacement
In this guide, you will find step-by-step instructions on how to replace rear brake pads and rotors on Hyundai Elantra. The video clips and pictures are from a 2015 Hyundai Elantra but these instructions should help owners of other Hyundai models.
What you will need
- Flathead screwdriver
- Metric Socket Set
- Torque Wrench
- Joor jack
- Jack stands
- Turn of the car. Engage the emergency brakes. Set gear shifter in Park.Place a block or wheel chocks behind the front wheels.
- Jack up the vehicle. Place jack stands under the frame to support the vehicle. Don't work under the vehicle that is only backed up by a car jack.
- Remove rear wheel and tire.
- Release the parking brake by lowering the parking brake handle inside the car. Before you release the parking brakes make sure the front wheels are blocked and the vehicle will not roll away or come of the jack stands.
- Remove the two caliper mounting bolts. Now you can remove the rear caliper assembly. Remove the old brake pads.
- Remove the caliper carrier bolts. There are 14mm bolts. You may need to use a breaker bar to remove them.
- Remove two Phillips screws that hold the rear brake disc in place.Watch the following video to learn how to complete these steps.
- Install the new rear disc. Tighten the two Phillips screws according to the specifications below.
- Install the rear brake caliper carrier and tighten the bolts 55 ft-lb.
- Install the new brake pads. Clean the brake pad retainers (shims) and apply brake pad grease when applicable.
- Tighten the brake caliper sliding bolts to 20 lb-ft.
- Inspect the rear brake pads of your Hyundai Elantra.
Replacing the rear brake pads on Hyundai Elantra takes 30-45 minutes for each side. Plan on a total of two hours to change the rear brake pads. Make sure you have the right tools and parts ready.
- Caliper Guide Bolts 20 lb-ft
- Brake Caliper Carrier / Bracket 55 lb-ft
- Rotor Rear Disc Screws 4 lb-ft