In this guide, you will find instructions on how to change the engine air filter on Hyundai vehicles.
Hyundai Elantra Side Mirror Replacement | Driver or Passenger Side
In this guide, you will find step-by-step instructions on how to replace the side mirror on a Hyundai Elantra. Pictures in this post are from a 2016 Hyundai Elantra.
Instructions are the same for both driver and passenger side mirrors.
What you will need
- Park your Hyundai Elantra in a safe workspace and set the parking brakes.
- Use a trim removal tool to remove the triangle door plastic cover. This cover does not have any screws but three plastic tabs on the back. It will come out if you carefully pry it out.
- Disconnect the side mirror connector. To pull out the connector, you will need to press on the small locking then pull.
- After loosening the three mounting nuts, you will be able to remove the side mirror.
- Install the side mirror on your Hyundai Elantra in reverse order. It is recommended to tighten the mounting nuts to 10 Nm using a torque wrench.
Replacing the driver side mirror or passenger side mirror on a Hyundai Elantra is easy and requires about 30 minutes.
Replacing the side mirror (driver/passenger) on a Hyundai Elantra can cost between $150 and $400 at the dealer. If you have an auto mechanic, replace the mirror, expect to pay between $80 and $150 for labor plus parts. Replacing the side mirror yourself costs less than $50 for parts and about 30 minutes.
Changing the side mirror on a Hyundai Elantra is very easy. The mirror is held in place with three bolts. It will take most DIYers about 20 to 30 minutes to replace the side mirror.
Published on: Tuesday, January 24, 2017.