Infiniti check engine light will come on and remain on when the On-Board Diagnostic (OBD) system detects a problem related to the engine or emissio
In this guide, you will find instructions on how to change the key fob battery on Infiniti key fob.
- Pull out the metal key. Press on the small release tab shown in the picture below.
- The metal blade key can be used to manually open the driver?s door or the trunk in case of emergency. One example would be if your Infiniti car battery dies and you need to figure a way how to get inside.
- Separate the key housing. Look at the backside of the Infiniti key. Use a plastic wedge, the metal key blade or a small flat screwdriver to separate the key housing.
- Remove the old battery and install new. Remove the old battery and install the new CR2025 battery. Note of the battery orientation. Make sure the negative side of the battery is facing you.
Frequently Asked Questions
I keep on accidentally pressing the panic or open trunk button.
If you have owned an Infiniti with the key fob remote shown in this tutorial, you may find yourself accidentally pressing the buttons. If that is the case adding a Key Fob Shell Protector which will greatly reduce the chances of the buttons being pressed.
How do I start my Infiniti Car if the keyless fob battery is dead?
- You will need to insert the key fob in the slot designated for manual starting.
Why can't I start my Infinity by pressing the Start button?
You press the brake, press the start button. Nothing happens. Infiniti didn't even crank. If your push button is not starting the car, follow these troubleshooting steps:
Check main car battery.
Check key fewer fob batteries are in good condition.
Faulty brake switch. If you are sure the car and keyfob batteries are in good condition, next you should check the brake switch.
How do I start my car if Infitiy key battery is dead?
If the car does not start the RKE transmitter (Key Fob) may have a low or dead battery. To start the car try this: Put the nose side of the Key Fob against the ENGINE START/STOP button and push to operate the ignition switch.
How can I protect my worn Infinity key fob remote?
You may want to consider adding a cover to protect your remote. The covers can protect the buttons and the key fob remote itself. Our recommendation would be to use Silicone Key Fob Cover for Infiniti provides protection for the keyless remote. A cover will better protect the key from water and in case you accidentally drop the key.