In this guide, you will find instructions on how to install the M grill stripes on a BMW. One of the coolest BMW modifications is to install the red and blue grill stripes on the front kidney grille.
What you will need
Inserts are recommended over sticky M decals.
Installation is very simple. Press each one of the inserts into the grill. Stay away from the tape or stripes that stick on the grill. They come off easily and won't last.
- Park your BMW on level ground and set the parking brake.
- Use a clean cloth to wipe any dirt or debries from the kidney grill on the driver's side.
- Next, install the dark blue or the violet stripe. This is the middle stripe and will be between the light blue and red stripe.
- Carefully press the light blue stripe into the grill until it locks.
- Lastly press the red stripe unto the grill between the blue stripe and driver's headlight.
Note that the stripes are curved more on the top than the bottom. Make sure to avoid installing them upside down.
The BMW M decal colors are light blue, dark blue and red.
To be perfectly correct the dark blue stripe should actually be a dark violet but in most cases a dark blue stripe is used. The three stripes are part of the BMW ///M logo.