In this guide, you will find instructions on how to unlock the car and jump-start an Acura that has a dead battery.
What you will need
- If your Acura battery is dead, you won't be able to unlock the doors with the key fob. Remove the emergency metal key from the key fob and unlock the driver's door.
Open the hood. Locate the hood release underneath the dash. Pull the lever until you hear the hood pop open.
- Next, you go to the front of the car and release the hood safety latch by sliding your hand under the hood.
- Locate the battery in the engine bay.
- Determine the positive terminal. Here is the positive terminal on the battery. On this terminal, you will connect the red clamp from your jump box or the red clamp of the jumper cables.
- Connect the negative to the frame of the vehicle. A strut tower bolt works well for this pupose. You want to avoid connecting to the negative terminal whenever possible. Connecting to the negative can cause sparks and has the potential to cause a fire.
Start the engine. If you are jump starting your Acura with a jump box then it is time to start the engine. If the engine doesn't start, but only click, check the connections.
- If you hear a click..click...click when you try to jump start your Acura it is either because the camps are not making good contant or the battery needs to be charged a little more before it can start your Acura engine.
- Do not insert key in ignition until after you connect the jumper cables. Modern cars are very sensitive to voltage drips, and ACURAs are no exception.
Jump starting Acura with another car
Connect the jumper cables to the helper car.
- Red clamp goes on the red battery terminal of your car and helper car.
- Black clamp goes on the negative battery terminal of the helper car.
- Next, connect the black clamp to the frame or strut tower bolts of your car.
- Start the helper car and let it idle for a couple of minutes.
- Start the Acura with dead battery.
Typical symptoms of a dead ACURA battery include:
- ACURA won't Start,
- Acura engine won't turn over,
- Only hear a click when you try to start
- Can't unlock the car