In this guide, you will find videos and instructions to help you change the battery on Kia key fob remote. Learn how to change the key fob battery on any Kia remote.
Battery Size: CR2032 Battery
Step 1: Press on the release tab.
Step 2: Pull out the metal key.
Step 3: Use a flat screwdriver to pry open the case.
Step 4: Separate the Kia key case.
Step 5: Remove the old battery.
Step 6: Install new Kia key fob battery.
Step 7: Press the key shell to close.
Step 8: Insert the metal key blade.
Battery Size: CR2032 Battery Type
How to replace the battery on Kia Type A Key Fob Remote
- Pry open the back cover of the Kia remote.
- Use a small object to pop out the battery from your Kia remote. Pay close attention to the orientation of the battery. Note the + symbol on the battery.
- Install a new battery. Make sure the positive (+) is facing you.
- Push the back cover back into the remote until you hear it snap in place.
Replacing the battery in Kia key fob is very easy and takes only five minutes. Make sure you have the correct battery size. Test the keyfob to make sure it works to lock and unlock your Kia. If your Kia key remote doesn't work after you replace the battery make sure that the battery is not installed upside down.
These instructions will help Kia owners who need help with tasks such as:
- Kia Optima Key Battery Replacement
- Kia Forte Keyless Remote Battery Replacement
- Kia Sorento Key Fob Battery Replacement
- Kia Rio Key Fob Battery Replacement