Lower Motor Mount Replacement Hyundai Elantra 2011-2016
In this tutorial, you will learn how to replace the lower motor mount on Hyundai Elantra model years 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016. In dealer terms, this is called "ROLL STOPPER." Replacing the lower motor mount yourself is easy and should take less than one hour. A bad lower motor mount can cause your car to bang into gear during gear changes. In some cases, this may also be called transmission mount. A bad Hyundai lower motor mount can cause noises and also excessive vibrations inside the cabin.
Replacing the lower motor mount at a repair shop can cost you between $300 and $450. If you change the motor mount yourself, you will spend about $100 for parts. Need a Hyundai replacement motor mount? Check out the link under parts section.
Instructions: Lower Motor Mount Removal / Installation Hyundai Elantra 2011-16
- Park vehicle on a level surface. Turn ignition off and set shifter into Park position. Remove key from ignition.
- Jack up the car. Since you will be doing this job at home, it is easier to use ramps. If you don't have ramps make sure to use car jack but also jack stands. Always secure the car with jack stands. Jacks alone are not enough to ensure that the car won't fall on top of you.
- Remove the under cover. It is held in place with several screws. Next, identify the lower motor mount. Located toward the back of the engine.
- For this task, you will need a second jack. Ideally, this should be a larger jack. You will need to place this jack under the engine to support it while you remove the motor mount. Support the engine with the second jack. Use a piece of wood between the jack and the engine. This will protect the engine / oil pan from damage.
- Remove the all the bolts that hold the lower motor mount / roll stopper / trans stopper in place. Remove the two 13 mm bolts.
- Remove the 16 mm bolt. If the bolt starts to spin hold the back nut with a wrench.
- Reinstall the new motor mount in reverse order. Tighten the mounting bolts to 80 lb-ft.
Replacement Hyundai Elantra Motor Mount
- Hyundai Manufacturer Part Number: EMTA71020
- Interchange Part Number:A71020, 7066, 71020
- Placement on Vehicle: Front, Lower
- Other Part Number:21950-1R000
2011 - 2016 Hyundai Elantra 1.8L
2010 - 2011 Kia Soul 2.0L