In this guide, you will find step by step instructions on how to release BMW parking brakes manually.
You may need to manually release BMW parking brake in cases where the car battery fails or the parking brake actuator is defective.
What You Will Need
- Part number BMW 24507590395
- To prevent the vehicle from rolling, secure the wheels before releasing the parking brake.
- Plae the transmission gear selector is in Park position.
- Open the trunk and lift the trunk board and locate the emergency kit underneath.
- Remove the BMW emergency parking brake release tool (BMW 24507590395) from the emergency kit.
- Insert the BMW parking brake tool on the release pin located behind the panel on the side of the trunk.
- Pull the release tool up. You will need to pull hard on the release pin. The parking brake is hard to release
BMW Parking Brake Stuck
- Parking brake stuck OFF - If your BMW parking brakes fail in the released position, you will not be able to set the parking brakes next time you park.
- Parking brakes stuck ON - If your BMW parking brake gets stuck in the engaged position, you will not be able to get the car out of the park or drive. Manually release the parking brake and drive. See instructions above on how to manually release BMW parking brakes.
How do you release BMW parking brake?
To manually release BMW parking brakes in emergency situations you will need a handle for emergency parking brake also called the F Handle. It is located in the trunk.