In this guide, you will find instructions on how to replace the auxiliary battery relay (K57/2) on Mercedes-Benz vehicles.
The Mercedes auxiliary battery relay is typically mounted at the top of the firewall, right below the windshield wiper motor.
If you have replaced the auxiliary battery and are still getting the message, "Auxilary battery malfunction," there is a chance that the auxiliary relay may be the culprit. See our video where we explain the Mercedes-Benz auxiliary battery problem.
What you will need
- Park your Mercedes-Benz and set the parking brakes. Remove the key from the ignition.
- Open the hood by pulling the release under the dashboard.
- Next, you need to remove the wiper arms. Remove the 13mm bolt on the wiper arm. Pull up the arm to remove it from the shaft.
- Remove the plastic trim. There are four plastic retainers that will need to be removed before you can remove the plastic trim.
- Locate the auxiliary battery relay mounted on the firewall. Remove the two bolts that hold the auxiliary battery in place. Unplug the electrical connector and replace it.
This guide only shows how to replace the auxiliary battery relay.
How do you replace the auxiliary battery on a Mercedes Benz?
First, you need to determine where the auxiliary battery is located on your Mercedes-Benz. Next, follow one of these guides on how to replace the auxiliary battery on a Mercedes-Benz.
- How to Replace Aux Battery on the Side of Dashboard, Driver's Side.
- How to Replace Aux Battery Under Front Passenger Seat
- How to Replace Auxilary Battery in the Engine Bay
- How to Replace Auxilary Battery Behind Driver's Seat