In this guide, you will find step by step instructions on how to change the rear tail light assembly in 2015 and newer Mercedes-Benz sedans. This g
Mercedes-Benz Electric Power Steering Motor Replacement
In this guide, you will find step-by-step instructions on how to replace electric power steering on Mercedes-Benz vehicles.
Steering motor may fail on Mercedes-Benz models equipped with electric steering such as W212, W218, W205, etc.
If the electric power steering fails, a warning message "Power Steering Malfunction See Operator's Manual" displays on the instrument cluster, and the steering wheel becomes very difficult to turn. A proper diagnostic is required to confirm that the steering motor is defective.
Learn how to replace the Mercedes-Benz electric power steering motor yourself.
What you will need
- Drive your Mercedes-Benz up on car ramps.
- Secure the vehicle with jack stands and place wheel chocks behind the rear wheels.
- Remove the first cover under the engine. It is held in place with 8mm screws.
- Locate the electrical power steering motor.
- Unplug the small electrical connector.
- Release the red locking tab on the large electrical connector by sliding it. Next, press to unplug the electrical connector. This is the main power feed to the motor.
- Remove all three Torx bolts that hold the electrical steering motor on the steering rack.
- Install the new electrical power steering motor in reverse order.
Replace electrical steering motor, but my steering wheel is still hard, the message still shows up.
Check the fuse for the electrical steering motor. This is a 125A near the battery.
Published on: Wednesday, May 22, 2019.