This guide provides instructions on how to change engine oil on Mercedes-Benz 43 AMG vehicles equipped with the M276 3.0 L V6 Bi-Turbo engine.
The M273 engine is installed on C43 AMG, SLC43 AMG, GLC43 AMG. Oil change is part of both A Service and B Service.
What you will need
- Engine Oil
- Recommended Mobil1 0W-40
- Capacity: ~7 quarts | L
- Oil Filter Part #: A2761800009
- Mercedes Oil Filter Tool 74mm
- 3/8" ratchet wrench
- 6" extension
- Metric Socket Set
- 8mm, 13mm, 21mm socket
- Torque wrench
- Flathead screwdriver
- Drain Pan
- Drive your Mercedes AMG up on-ramps. Watch video on how to perform this step.
- Secure the rear wheels with wheel chocks.
- Support the vehicle with jack stands. Never get under a vehicle that is not supported properly by jack stands.
- Make sure to engage the parking brakes.
- Pull the hood release under the dashboard on the driver's side. You should hear the hood pop open.
Press up on the hood latch at the front of the hood and lift up the hood.
- Remove the splash shield from under the engine. Eight 8mm screws need to removed to drop the splash shield.
- Locate the 13mm drain bolt at the bottom of the oil drain pan.
- Place the oil drain pan under the engine. Remove the oil drain pan and allow the oil to drain thoroughly.
- Replace the copper washer on the oil drain bolt. If you don't see the copper washer on the drain bolt, it may be stuck on the drain pan. It is important to replace and install a new copper washer to avoid oil leaks.
- Remove the engine cover to expose the oil filter.
- Remove the oil filter using Mercedes oil filter wrench or oil filter pliers.Carefully pull up the oil filter housing. Keep a rag nearby to wipe off any oil drips.
- Replace the oil filter o-rings using a small flathead screwdriver.Press the new oil filter fully into the filter housing.
- Install the oil filter housing back in the engine by hand. Next, torque the oil filter to 25Nm.
- Install the oil drain bolt by hand then torque it to 30 Nm.
Watch video on how to perform this step.
- Remove the engine oil cap and add 6.5 quarts of oil. Wait at least 5 minutes then check the engine oil level. Add engine oil as needed to bring the engine oil level to the recommended range.
- Start the engine and let it idle for a few minutes. Check for oil leaks.
Recommended Oil Change Interval
- Typical: Every 10,000 -12,500 miles
- Oil drain bolt: 40Nm
- Oil filter: 25 Nm
- Mercedes-AMG C 43
- Mercedes-AMG SLC 43
- Mercedes-AMG GLC 43
- Mercedes-AMG GLE 43 Coupe
- Check the engine oil level regularly.
- The engine may loose (burn) up to 1 qt of oil between oil changes.
- Only use approved oil and filter as recommended by Mercedes-Benz.
- Before you reset the service reminder, perform all maintenance tasks for the corresponding service.