How to fix a Mercedes-Benz S-Class trunk that will not stay closed.
A common question we get often is that a Mercedes-Benz trunk won't stay closed.
This is a problem with Mercedes-Benz cars that use a power trunk lid. The reason why the trunk won't stay close is that the car loses the memory setting for the trunk. This is a common issue after the car battery dies or the battery gets replaced. Pressing the green trunk release button inside the trunk, will in most cases allow you trunk to close.
- Open the trunk all the way up.
- When possible spray penetrating grease on the latch. Not required but recommended.
- Locate the round green button on the trunk lid. This is typically accessible from inside the trunk.
- Press the green button several times. You should hear the trunk latch click.
- Close the trunk lid and in most cases, it will stay shut.
Of course, the first thing that comes to mind is that you have a bad trunk latch, but before you replace the trunk latch we have a couple of tips that may save you some time and money plus get your trunk lid shut.
If this procedure does not fix the problem, the most likely solution