Mercedes-Benz wheel cap center emblem are easy to change and new OEM or aftermarket caps can be purchased online.
Mercedes-Benz Trunk Won't Close / Lock
A common problem we see often is that a Mercedes-Benz trunk won't stay closed. This is a problem with Mercedes-Benz cars that use a power trunk lid and can affect various models including C-Class, E-Class, S-Class models etc.
The trunk won't stay close because the car loses the memory setting for the trunk. This is a problem that usually happens after the car battery dies or the battery gets replaced. Pressing the green trunk release button inside the trunk a few times will allow your trunk to close in most cases.
- Open the trunk all the way up.
- When possible, spray penetrating grease on the latch. Not required but recommended.
- Locate the round green button on the trunk lid. This is typically accessible from inside the trunk.
- Press the green button several times. You should hear the trunk latch click.
- Close the trunk lid, and in most cases, it will stay shut.
Of course, the first thing that comes to mind is that you have a bad trunk latch, but before you replace the trunk latch, we have a couple of tips that may save you some time and money plus get your trunk lid shut.
If this procedure does not fix the problem, the most likely solution.