In this article, you will learn how to troubleshoot Mercedes Parktronic (not to be confused with Active Parking Assist).
Mercedes-Benz Trunk Won't Close / Lock
A common problem we see often is that a Mercedes-Benz trunk won't stay closed. This is a problem with Mercedes-Benz cars that use a power trunk lid and can affect various models including C-Class, E-Class, S-Class models etc.
The trunk won't stay close because the car loses the memory setting for the trunk. This is a problem that usually happens after the car battery dies or the battery gets replaced. Pressing the green trunk release button inside the trunk a few times will allow your trunk to close in most cases.
- Open the trunk all the way up.
- When possible, spray penetrating grease on the latch. Not required but recommended.
- Locate the round green button on the trunk lid. This is typically accessible from inside the trunk.
- Press the green button several times. You should hear the trunk latch click.
- Close the trunk lid, and in most cases, it will stay shut.
Of course, the first thing that comes to mind is that you have a bad trunk latch, but before you replace the trunk latch, we have a couple of tips that may save you some time and money plus get your trunk lid shut.
If this procedure does not fix the problem, the most likely solution.
Published on: Thursday, September 3, 2020.