In this guide, you will find instructions on how to replace the ABS sensor on Mitsubishi Lancer, Outlander, Mirage, Eclipse, Galant, Raider, Monter
In this article, you will find instructions on how to replace the spark plugs and ignition coils on Mitsubishi four-cylinder engines found on Outlander, Lancer, Galant, Eclipse and other models.
What you will need
- Park the car on level ground. Turn off the ignition and set the parking brakes. Allow the engine to cool down.
- Open the hood by pulling the hood release under the dashboard.
- Remove engine cover. It is held in place with three 10mm bolts.
- Unplug the electrical connector from the ignition coils. Repeat for all four coils.
- Remove the 10mm bolts that hold down the ignition coils.
- Use a spark plug socket to remove the spark plugs. Turn ratchet counterclockwise to remove spark plugs.
- Install the new spark plugs. Your new spark plugs should come pre-gapped but it is recommended to check the gap. It should be between 0.028 and 0.038.
- Tighten the spark plug to approximately 15 lb. ft.
- Reinstall the ignition coil and engine cover.
- 15 -20 ft-lb
Spark Plug Change Interval
- Copper: Every 30,000 to 50,000 miles
- Iridium: Every 90,000 miles