- Do not use test equipment such as multimeters to check SRS circuits unless directed by the Shop Repair Manual. Doing so can deploy airbags.
- Always turn ignition switch OFF, disconnect the battery negative terminal and wait at least 3 minutes before you start working on the airbag system.
- Handle airbag module carefully. Place airbag with the pad side facing upward and always stay two feet away from the airbag.
- When installing a clock spring (spiral cable) it needs to be the neutral position since its rotations are limited.
- Don't rotate the clock spring after you remove the steering wheel. If the ABS or Traction Control Light turn on, you may need to reset the steering angle sensor using a Steering Angle Sensor Reset Tool.
- Rember to read fault codes from the SRS control unit and clear codes after replacing airbag components. You may need a Level 2 OBD2 Scanner to clear airbag codes.