Learn how to change the key fob battery on any Nissan keyless remote.
Nissan Serpentine Drive Belt Replacement - 3.5L V6 Engine
In this guide, you will learn how to replace the serpentine belt on the Nissan V6 engine.
This guide applies to Nissan and Infiniti cars equipped with the 3.5L engine manufactured since 2000.
- Squealing noise from the engine
- Power Steering or AC not working
- Engine Overheating
- Cracks or wear on the drive belt
- Squeaks at startup or when turning the steering wheel
What you will need
- Park your Nissan. Set the parking brakes. Allow your Nissan engine to cool down.
- Open the hood of your Nissan. Look at the frame or under the hood for the serpentine belt routing diagram. It is often printed on a sticker found on the fan shroud.
- Locate the serpentine belt tensioner on your Nissan. You will need to move the tensioner away to release pressure from the belt. Take a few pictures of the old belt before removal if you need to look at the belt routing later.
- Release Tensioner. Use a 3/8" ratchet to push the tensioner away(up) from the belt. To get to the tensioner, you will either remove the passenger wheel or drive the car up on rams. This will allow you to remove the plastic cover on the wheel well to access the tensioner.
- Remove the belt from the accessory pulleys by hand. The belt will need to come off several pulleys including, an A/C pulley, alternator pulley, and crankshaft pulley.
Install the new belt on your Nissan by making sure it is routed as per the belt routing diagram.
The last step is to slide the belt under the tensioner. Before you do that, make sure to check that the belt is properly seated on all the pulleys, or you will have a hard time sliding the new belt over the tensioner.
Typical applications include:
- Infiniti QX60 (since 2014)
- Nissan Altima (since 2002)
- Nissan Maxima (since 2002)
- Nissan Murano Z50 (since 2003)
- Nissan Pathfinder (since 2013)
- Nissan Quest (since 2004)
- Nissan 350Z (2003-2006)
- Nissan Pathfinder (2001-2004)
- Infiniti FX35 (2003-2008)
- Infiniti G35 Coupe (2003-2007)
- Infiniti G35 Sedan (2003-2006)
- Infiniti I35 (2002-2004)
- Infiniti JX35 (2013-2013)
- Infiniti M35 (2006-2008)
- Infiniti QX4 (2001-2004)
Published on: Monday, November 20, 2017.