Best OBD2 Scanner for Nissan Infiniti
Without a good scanner, it is difficult for car owners to diagnose Nissan or Infiniti problems with ABS, SRS/airbag, engine and automatic transmission. To help Nissan/Infiniti owners and independent mechanics, we researched various OBD2 scanners designed specifically to troubleshoot Nissan and Infiniti cars.
It is important to point out that if your goal is to read and clear the Check Engine Light (CEL) all you need is a Level 1 OBD2 Scanner. If you are new to diagnostic scanners and car troubleshooting we would recommend you take a look at this article that will help you Understand OBD2 scanner categories. All the scanners listed here are Level 2 and Level 3 scanners for Nissan and Infiniti.
1. Nissan Consult III Diagnostic Tool
The Nissan Consult is the diagnostic scan tool used at Nissan and Infiniti dealers. Up to the mid-2000, Nissan/Infinity dealers used what is called Consult 2 which was a handheld scanner. It provided in-depth diagnostic and was able to reflash ECU.
Nissan Consult 3 diagnostic scanner requires a laptop and is the scanner that replaced Consult 2. To use the Consult 3 you will need the training to use the software that comes with it. Nissan moved from Consult 3 to Consult 3 Plus.
Consult 3 Plus is the current diagnostic scanner used at Nissan and Infiniti dealerships. It can diagnose all systems and perform reprogramming on Nissan vehicles. Visit the official website if you would like to get more information on Nissan Connect III Plus.
Owning a Consult 3 Plus is too expensive for Nissan owners. There are several other alternatives that you should consider that will allow you to perform in-depth troubleshooting on Nissan vehicles.Back to top
2. Launch Creader VII+ (X431/CRP123)
Check Price: Launch Creader
Launch Creader is a successful diagnostic scanner that can scan multiple systems on Nissan / Infiniti vehicles. It is able to troubleshoot four primary systems: ABS, SRS/Airbag, Engine and Automatic transmission. You will be able to see the fault codes for any of these systems and erase them. You can also test oxygen sensor and carbon canister. During our testing, the Launch Creader was easy to use and was able to display current and present fault codes. Launch Creader works not only with Nissan and Infiniti but also with over 20 vehicle makes including Asian, European and Domestic models.
- Read and erase ABS, SRS Airbag, ECU and transmission fault codes.
- Multi-language support.
- Test oxygen sensors.
- Provides error code definitions.
- Read and clear DTC.
- Data Stream (Graphic).
- Can store and play back dynamic data.
3. iCarsoft CR Plus
Check Price: iCarsoft CR Plus
iCarsoft CR Plus is a mid-level diagnostic scanner that can troubleshoot four systems: Engine, SRS Airbag, ABS, and transmission. The iCarsoft CR Plus is easy to use and works with Nissan and Infiniti vehicles. It automatically powers on when you plug it into the OBD-II port under the dashboard. Make sure to turn the key to position II; all dash lights should be on but don't start the engine. Besides being able to read and clear codes from the four systems mentioned above it can also perform several additional features such as reset the oil light service reminder, reset the brake pad reminder, steering angle calibration and resetting.
- Read and clear fault codes.
- Check emission reading status.
- Stream Data and freeze frame.
- Oxygen sensor testing.
- On-board diagnostic monitoring test for individual systems.
- Evap System testing for leaks.
- Retrieve generic and manufacturer specific codes including pending codes.
- Supports CAN protocol, OBDII, and EOBD.
- Works on 1996 and newer vehicles.
4. AutoLink MD802 Scanner for Nissan / Infiniti
Check Price: MD802 Nissan Scanner
There are two versions of the MD802. One that only scans the ABS/SRS/ECU and TCU. The more advanced scanner can scan all systems. The MD802 is part of the MaxiDiag Elite Series. It is a powerful diagnostic scanner that will diagnose multiple systems on Nissan and Infiniti vehicles. It works on many European, Asian and Domestic vehicles produced from 1996 until now. It features a one-button complete system auto scan and quickly erases function that will clear all the fault codes. If you would like to check vehicle coverage, you can take a look at this pdf file that shows Autel MaxiDIAG Nissan system coverage.
- Scan, read and erase codes from ABS, Airbag, ECU transmission and other systems.
- Graphs live sensor data.
- View freeze frame data.
- Free software updates for the first year.
- Scan Powertrain, Body, Chassis, Communication and information.
- Diagnose automatic and CVT transmission.
- Systems covered:
- Diagnose traction control system,
- BCM power steering,
- smart entrance,
- ACT, active sus,
- adaptive light,
- intelligent key
5. What's the best diagnostic scanner for Nissan / Infiniti?
It depends on your requirements. The best choice will vary based on your needs.
- Level 1
- Read Codes and Clear Check Engine Light / ECU: You don't need to spend hundreds for such a simple task. Several inexpensive code readers can accomplish this function
- Level 2
- Diagnose ABS, SRS Airbag, ECU, and transmission: Our favorite scanner is AutoLink MD802 Multi-system scanner. It can diagnose the main four systems plus several other systems and works on most makes and models. A smart choice if you perform your auto repair and diagnostics.
- Level 3
- Nissan Consult 3 Plus Best Alternative: As a Nissan owner, you don't want to pay thousands of dollars for a scanner. Several diagnostic scanners provide dealer level diagnostic and troubleshooting. One highly rated and often used at independent repair shops is the Autel DS708 . It offers almost all the features of Nissan Consult 3 Plus and it works on European, Asian and Domestic vehicles not just Nissan.