In this guide, you will find help on where to find the Lexus OBDII port.
How to Open a Lexus Hood
In this guide, you will find step-by-step instructions on how to open the hood on Lexus vehicles.
- Park your vehicle on level ground.
- Turn off the ignition and set the parking brakes.
- Pull the hood release under the dashboard. You should hear the hood pop open.
- Go to the front of the car. Slide your hand under the hood.
- Press the hood safety release to the side.
- Lift up the hood and ensure it can stay open on its own. If your hood has a prop rod, use it keep the hood open. If hood won't stay up on its own, have a helper keep the hood open.
Lift up the hood a little and slide your hand under the hood which should be popped up slightly. If the hood has not raised about one inch pull the hood release again.
How to open the hood if you can’t unlock the driver’s door
If your Lexus battery is dead you won’t be able to unlock the driver’s door with the keyfob.
Remove the emergency key from the keyfob. Use the metal key in your keyfob to unlock the driver’s door. The tumbler in the driver’s door may have a plastic cover on top. Pry the plastic cover of the key handle.