In this article, we will show you how you can open the door on your Ford using the metal blade. These instructions apply to multiple Ford models such as Fiesta, Mustang, Fusion, Edge, and F150.
This is necessary if the car battery has died and you need to manually open the car in order to access the car battery in your Ford.
- If you have the intelligent remote you will need to open it up to access the metal key. On the back of the remote, there is a release switch. Otherwise, press the key release button to flip out the metal blade.
- Remove the cover and locate the metal key blade or also known as the emergency key.
- Use the metal blade to remove the cover from the driver's door handle. Insert the metal key into the hole in the bottom of the driver's door handle.
- Once you slide over the cover you will be able to see the key hole.
- Insert the key into the door lock and turn towards the back of the car to unlock your Ford.
If your metal key won't unlock the driver's door try inserting the key in and out a few times. If that doesn't work spray penetrating oil in the keyhole and retry.
Dead battery, cannot manually unlock
Using the real key to open FORD drivers door
Dead Battery, Door Locks Inoperative - Ford
How to unlock doors if the Ford car battery dies
How to start unlock Ford if Intelligent access key dies
How to unlock a ford fusion with a dead battery
How to unlock a ford fusion without keys