This article provides instructions on how to open the hood on any Kia vehicle including models such as Rio, Sedona, Optima, Forte, Niro, Borrego, K9, Cerato, Sportage
- Pull the hood release lever located under the dashboard on the driver's side. The hood should pop up.
- Locate the hood latch release at the front of the hood. Push the latch to release the hood.
- Raise the hood slowly. If the hood has gas support the hood will stay up on its own once you lift it halfway up. Otherwise, use the hood support rod to secure the hood in the up position.
Kia Hood Won't Open
It is not uncommon for the hood release to not open the hood on Kia vehicles such as Optima, Forte, Rio, Sedona. Here is a list of what can typically cause hood stuck problems.
- Have a friend press down on the hood while you pull the hood release. Keep the hood release pulled then ask your friend to try to pop the hood open.
- Inspect the cable hasn't come off the hood release under the dashboard. If the hood release is broken use pliers to pull on the cable.
- As the last resort if the cable is broken you will have to access the hood latches via the grill or from the wheel well to release the hood.