If you own a Mazda that has developed erratic shifting patterns or are looking to buy one, this article will help you learn about some of the most
How to Open Hood on Mazda Vehicles
In this guide, you will find instructions on how to open the hood on Mazda vehicles.
- Park the vehicle, turn off the ignition and engage the parking brakes.
- If the battery is dead, pull out the metal key from inside the keyfob, remove the cover on the driver's door handle and manually unlock the driver's door.
- Locate the hood release under the dashboard on the driver's side. Pull-on the hood release until you hear the hood pop open.
- Release the hood safety latch at the front of the hood. The safety latch is under the hood.
- Open the hood of your Mazda and secure it up using the prop rod. On newer Mazda vehicles, the hood should stay open on its own.
Opening a Mazda hood is a simple procedure.
If the hood doesn't pop open, check the hood release under the dashboard. The cable may have come off.
Published on: Tuesday, August 22, 2017.