In this guide, you will find instructions on how to open the hood on Mazda vehicles.
- Park the vehicle, turn off the ignition and engage the parking brakes.
- If the battery is dead, pull out the metal key from inside the keyfob, remove the cover on the driver's door handle and manually unlock the driver's door.
- Locate the hood release under the dashboard on the driver's side. Pull-on the hood release until you hear the hood pop open.
- Release the hood safety latch at the front of the hood. The safety latch is under the hood.
- Open the hood of your Mazda and secure it up using the prop rod. On newer Mazda vehicles, the hood should stay open on its own.
Opening a Mazda hood is a simple procedure.
If the hood doesn't pop open, check the hood release under the dashboard. The cable may have come off.
Est. Time: 3 min
Difficulty: Very Easy