In this guide, you will find step-by-step instructions on how to charge a dead Lexus battery.
In this guide, you will find step-by-step instructions on how to open a Lexus trunk when the car battery is dead.
To unlock your Lexus key, remove the emergency metal key from the remote. Next, look at the trunk for a key tumbler. If your Lexus doesn't have a keyhole to unlock the trunk, follow the steps in the next section to unlock a Lexus trunk.
- If the car battery is drained, the only way to open the trunk is by gaining access into the car with the manual key.
- Press the release on the keyfob and remove the vehicle’s manual key.
- First, check for a keyhole in the trunk and use the key to unlock the trunk. If there is no keyhole in the trunk, in the driver’s door, you should see a keyhole.
The cover should come off without much effort and will cause the hidden keyhole to be revealed.
- Put your key into the keyhole and turn it to unlock the driver's door.
- Your car should open.
- Now that you have opened the car press the trunk release button. If the trunk is electronically operated it won't unlock if the car battery is dead. Pull the hood release and open the hood.
- Connect a jump box to the jump-starting terminals. Connect the positive (red) clamp to the positive terminal.
- Connect the negative (black) clamp to an unpainted bolt on the frame. Do not connect directly to the negative battery terminal.
- Now that the vehicle is powered up, insert the key in the ignition and turn it to on.
- Press the trunk release button.
When the car battery dies on a Lexus you won't be able to unlock the button by pressing the trunk release button on the keyfob.
Use these instructions to manually unlock the driver's door and open the trunk. If your Lexus has an electronic trunk release, you will need a jump box to power up the vehicle.