P0108 is a fault code that indicates a probelm with the circuit for the Intake Manifold Air Pressure (MAP) sensor.
In this guide, you will find instructions on how to open the hood (bonnet) on a Volkswagen. The instructions in this guide will help you open the hood on various Volkswagen models including Jetta, Passat, Golf, GLI, Rabbit, Bettle, Tiguan, Routan etc.
- Park the vehicle and turn off the ignition. Move the shifter to Park and set the parking brakes.
- Locate the hood release under the dashboard and pull it. You should hear the hood pop up.
- Go to the front of the vehicle. The hood should be popped up about 1 inch ( 2-3 cm ). If not, try lifting the hood slightly.
- Press the hood latch release and lift up the hood.
- Secure the hood with a prop rod if your car has one included. If your Volkswagen has hood struts, the hood will stay up on its own.
The hood on a Volkswagen may need to be opened for a number of reasons such as to check fluids, change fluids, replace engine components, etc. These instructions will help you open the hood on VW Jetta, Passat, Golf, Bettle, GLI, Rabbit, Tiguan, Routan etc. This is a simple, yet very important task that is practically needed to know when owning any vehicle.
VW Hood Stuck, Won't Open
Your Volkswagen hood could be stuck closed for a number of reasons. Typically a VW hood won't open because the cable is broken has come off the hood release or hood is misaligned due to an accident.
First, check that the hood cable has not come off the hood release under the dashboard.
If your Volkswagen hood is stuck closed have a friend push down the hood at the center, right above the Volkswagen logo. While your friend keeps the hood pushed down, you should pull the hood release lever under the dashboard keep the lever pulled.
As you keep the lever pulled ask your friend to try to remove the hands from the top of the hood and try to open the hood.
If your Volkswagen hood won't open, the hood latch may be stuck, the cable may have come off the hood release or the hood latch.
What if my hood latch is broken?
You may need to open the hood by going through the front grill or from the bottom.
An OEM hood latch can be purchased online specifically for your vehicle as indicated by your local dealership.
What if my hood is stuck closed due to an accident?
After a collision or accident, a certified and professional body shop should have the necessary tools to complete the task of opening the stuck closed hood.