Order new Audi keys
Last Updated on Wednesday Mar 07, 2018
Whether you lost all your Audi keys or are looking for a spare key, ordering a new Audi key is easy. It can be a distressing experience if Audi keys are lost, damaged or stolen. If you have lost your Audi keys and don't have an extra call your Audi dealer.
In this guide, you will find instructions on how to order replacement keys from any Audi dealer or locksmiths.
1. How to order Audi key from the dealer
Locate an Audi dealer near you. Click here to search.
To verify you are the owner of the Audi the parts department or Audi service advisor may ask you to verify your identity and ownership of the vehicle. Audi service advisor may ask for registration, title, personal ID (Driver's License).
- Vehicle Ownership
- Title or Registration
- Driver's License or Passport
The requirements are the same for all Audi models such as A3, A4, A6, Q7, TT, A8. The price of the key will vary depending on the model year of your Audi.
Pay for a replacement Audi key. The cost for a new key can vary from $280 - $350. There may be a fee to program the Audi key. Ask the Audi service representative when ordering the new key. It will take two to ten business days for the key to be delivered to your Audi dealer.
Once the key is received, you will need to take the car to the Audi dealer to have the key programmed. Without programming, the new key will not start the Audi. Programming the new key is sometimes necessary because the new key will not start the car. Ask the dealer if this will cost extra. Some Audi dealers charge up to $150 to program the new key.
Wait three to four days for a replacement key to be delivered to your Audi dealership. Audi customer service will call you to let you know when to go pick up the new key.
As for the payment you need to pay beforehand for ordering Audi keys. Costs vary taking into account whether the key has a remote or not and also the year and model of the Audi. You Audi key may need programming to be synchronized with your car but the dealer will do this when you pick up your key.Back to top
2. How much does a replacement Audi Car Key Cost
Audi car keys cost between $280-$350 at the dealer. The price depends on the type of key you need and your location.
Most Audi dealers also charge a programming fee of up to $150 to program the key to start the car.
If you have multiple Audi dealerships in your area, it is wise to check the price with several Audi dealers as the prices can vary between dealerships.Back to top
3. Audi Key Covers
Instead of wearing out your Audi key buttons and having to buy a new key, you may want to install a key fob remote protection case on your Audi keys. You do the same with your phone, why not do it to your Audi keys? There are several protective case designs that you can choose from that will fit your Audi keys.
- Check out the list of these Audi Key Case
4. Audi Key Programmer Tools
It is possible to program new Audi keys using tools such as Audi SBB Key Programmer. Such tools allow you to program new Audi keys in the immobilizer unit using the OBD-II port. A key program will allow you to:
- programming new keys
- reading keys from immobilizers memory
- deactivating keys no longer in the car owners possession
- operation by means of a menu guided programming
- programming new remote controls
5. Key Tips for Audi Owners
Many Audi owners don't realize the worth of the car keys until they lose or damage one and find themselves helpless realizing that they are up for heavy replacement costs. Replacing a lost Audi car key used to be simple a few years back. You just have to take the additional key to your local key cutter and have a copy made within few minutes. On the one hand, this advancement in high-tech and security is more of a nuisance for Audi owners. Here are a few tips for Audi key owners.
- Always have an extra key/remote
- Store your extra key in a protected and secure area.
- Always store your essential key in a predictable area.
- Always carry your key in the same place to prevent the loss.
- If the remote quits working or it is working discontinuously, first attempt to reset the procedure specified previously. If that doesn't work, try your spare key. If the spare key works, you may need a new key battery.
6. Audi Car Keys at a Locksmith
Depending on the key used on your Audi, some locksmiths may be able to cut you a new key.
If you lose your Audi keys and you don't have an extra, don't ever mess up with the electrical system of your vehicle. You may wind up bringing on more inconvenience. Rather, it would be wise to call an auto locksmith. Auto locksmiths cut and recode modern car keys for most models and offer a reasonable alternative service to car dealerships. It's a great convenience that they can come to you that means you can avoid the bother of traveling, which is a major problem if you've lost all your keys. Not only auto locksmiths cut and recode modern car keys they also carry genuine keys and diagnostic tools that can help reset your Audi's ECU, but they also store after-market keys that may look different from the original Audi car key but work pretty much the same, yet cost less. Locksmiths may not be able to cut keys for all Audi vehicles.
Audi keys contain a microchip that obliges programming to the vehicle for it to start. All models are coded with a serial number that matches one on a microchip implanted in the key. It's not possible to start your car without the right key. In any case, every Audi key has a transponder chip with a security code that is needed to program keys to an Audi car. The programming procedure can take up to one hour and obliges to have all current keys also the new key, so they can all be modified at the same time.
There might also be a possibility that you have the key however it's not working. For this above all else, verify whether the remote battery is dead. Sometimes it happens that your essential remote is not working, but rather your extra key works. In this case, check your Audi key fob batteries. You can buy another battery for your Audi remote online or at your local parts store. Watch these video tutorials on how to change Audi key fob battery. Another issue is that your remote needs be reset. You can reset your remote by pressing lock or unlock one time and by putting the master key in the driver door within the course of one minute or by locking or unlocking the door manually.Back to top
- You must be the legal owner of the vehicle. If you are ordering keys for someone else, a signed power of attorney may be required.
- You must be available in person when ordering the keys.
- You must show a driver's license or passport when ordering the key.
- You must have a legitimate and current registration or vehicle title.
- The VIN in your registration or title should match that of your car.
- You must pre-pay for the key at the time of the request. Key payments are non-refundable.
- You must get your substitution key face to face. Key programming may be required.
- If your registration is locked in your, please go to the DMV and they will re-issue you another one.
- It can take anywhere from two to ten days to get the new key.