How to Order New Cadillac Keys
Have you lost your Cadillac keys? Or are you looking for a spare key?
How to Order New Cadillac Key
- Locate a Cadillac dealer near you.
- Call the closest dealer and ask to be connected to the parts department. Provide your VIN and ask for a quote for a new key. A VIN is composed of 17 characters. It can be found on the lower-left corner of the windshield or the sticker on the driver's door frame.
- Take your car registration, title, driver license, and head over to the nearest Cadillac dealer. You don't need to bring the car to the dealer when you place the order for a new key.
- Pay for a new Cadillac key. The new key will have the transmitter and emergency key. If you have lost all the keys the dealer is able to order new Cadillac keys based on the VIN number of your vehicle.
- Wait for the new key to arrive. Most likely the Cadillac dealer will have the transmitter in stock. The emergency key may need to be ordered and can take between 3 and 4 days to be delivered to your dealer.
- Once the keys are at your dealer, you will need to take your Cadillac to the dealer to get the keys programmed. This is an extra cost, therefore check with the service department to get a quote on how much it will cost to program the new keys. The cost to program Cadillac keys varies between models. On older models, you may be able to program keys yourself. Search for instructions online.
These are instructions on how to order a new Cadillac key from the dealer. If your Cadillac is a newer model, your best option for getting a key is the dealer. If your Cadillac is an older model year, you can save money by ordering a replacement key from a locksmith.
When you order a Cadillac key you can order the transmitter only which typically costs $200-$300. Most Cadillac dealers often stock the transmitter.
You will need to order the emergency metal key which needs to be cut to your car. The cost for the emergency key ranges between $50-$90.
Order Cadillac Keys from Locksmith
If your Cadillac is over five years old, you should be able to get a new key from a local locksmith. Small locksmiths may not have the equipment to make keys for all Cadillacs. It is beneficial to call more than one locksmith to find one who specializes in GM cars.
Making keys for a Cadillac at a locksmith is cheaper than buying the key from the dealer. The Cadillac dealer may charge extra to program the key while a locksmith will give you a fixed price to make and program the key.
Tools such as SBB Key Programmer can be used to program new Cadillac keys.