In this guide, you will learn about OBD2 code P1057.
Code P1057 is a manufacturer-specific fault code. It means different things in different car makes. On Volkswagen and Audi code P1057 means a short exists for Bank 1 Camshaft Adjustment or sensor has Open Circuit.
The first symptom of a faulty camshaft adjustment sensor is that the check engine light comes on, and in certain cases vehicle may go in limp mode.
- Engine Light ON / Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Reduced power
- Limp home
- Transmission stuck in gear.
- Faulty Camshaft Actuator
- Camshaft Actuator harness is open or shorted.
- Camshaft Actuator circuit poor, corroded or damaged connection
P1057 Meaning by Make
- Volkswagen - Bank 1 Camshaft Adjustment Short To Open Circuit (Volkswagen)
- Audi - Bank 1 Camshaft Adjustment Short To Open Circuit (Audi)
- BMW / Mini - Post catalytic convertor fuel trim (FT), bank 1 – too lean (BMW)
- Dodge - Heated oxygen sensor (H02S) 2, bank 1 circuit high (Dodge)
- Freightliner / Sprinter - Heated oxygen sensor (H02S) 2, bank 1 circuit high (Freightliner)
Replacing the Camshaft Adjustment on a Volkswagen or Audi is very simple. Unplug the electrical connector. Remove the Torx bolt. Remove and replace the sensor. Make sure to lock the electrical connector.