In this guide, you will find instructions on how to read and clear Acura fault codes from multiple systems.
If the Check Engine Light (CEL) or warning lights such as ABS, Airbag, TPMS are staying ON in your ACURA, a fault code will be stored in the corresponding module.
What you will need
- Park your ACURA on a level surface and set the parking brakes.
- Open the driver's door and locate the OBD-II port under the dashboard.
- Plug your scanner into the OBD2 port
- Turn on the ignition by turning the key to position II. If your ACURA has START/STOP feature press the button without pressing the brake pedal. Do not start the engine.
- Allow your scanner to turn on. Follow the prompts on your scanner to read fault codes. Instructions can vary between scanners. Watch this video to learn how to use an OBD-II scanner to read and clear ACURA codes.
To diagnose, read and clear Acura you will need an OBD2 scanner that covers all systems. Generic OBD2 scanners will only be able to read and clear codes that trigger the check engine light.
The procedure for reading ACURA fault codes is similar regardless of which system you are trying to diagnose.