How to read clear Volvo Fault Codes
This document provides general instructions on how to read and clear Volvo fault codes or also known as Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC). The video above shows you how to retrieve Volvo fault codes using iCarsoft for Volvo.
Codes stored in the Engine Control Unit, that trigger the check engine light, can be read with a generic OBD2 scanner.
- Locate the diagnostic port under the dashboard.
- Connect your scanner to the port.
- Turn on the ignition.
- Turn on the scanner.
- Select your Volvo model such as XC70, V70, S60, S40, V40, V50, XC60, XC90, S60, S70, S80, C30.
- Manually select the control module you want to diagnose.
- Next, choose to Read Codes and write down all the DTCs.
- Once you fix those problems go back to the main menu and select Clear DTC Faults.
These instructions work on all 1996 and newer Volvo models including C70, V70, S60, S40, V40, V50, XC60, XC90, S60, S70, S80, C30. You need to make sure the Volvo scanner that you purchase supports your Volvo model.