DIY Rear Turn Signal Replacement Hyundai Elantra 2011-16
In this tutorial, you will learn how to change the rear turn signal light bulb on Hyundai Elantra model years: 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016. If the turn signal indicator has started to flash too rapidly, usually that is a sign that the front or rear turn signal light bulb has burned out.
- Light Bulb Type / Size
2011-2016 Hyundai Elantra uses bulb type 27 watt 1156NA. LED, SMD, and standard bulb TYPES work without any problem.
- 10 mm wrench
If you don't have a good set of tools, check out our article: Choosing the Best Automotive Tool Set
How to replace the rear turn signal light bulb Hyundai Elantra 2011-2016
- Open the trunk by pulling on the trunk release.
- Remove the access cover. Remove three 10 mm bolts. This will allow you to pull out the rear tail light assembly. Once you remove the three bolts, you will be able to remove the rear tail light from the body of your Elantra.
- Remove the rear turn signal socket. You will need to twist the socket counterclockwise. It only needs to be turned about half a turn.
- Pull out the turn signal bulb from the socket. Be careful to not break the bulb. Use glove. Avoid breaking the bulb as this can cause injuries.
- Press the new turn signal light bulb into the socket. Next, install the socket into the tail light. Push the socket into the rear tail light assembly and twist it.
- Twist the turn signal socket clockwise to lock it in place. Once you install the turn signal bulb into your Hyundai Elantra rear taillight, install the taillight into the body of the car. Tighten the three bolts. No need to overtighten them or you risk cracking the rear tail light assembly.
Watch the video on how to replace the rear turn signal light bulb on 2011-2016 Hyundai Elantra.